When it comes to heating a large room, those space heaters designed to tackle such extended spaces are the most efficient for this task.
Many people often find that those larger rooms in the home tend to be more awkward to heat and, of course, maintain a consistent temperature in. Added to that often impracticality of large rooms in terms of heating solutions, such a task can also prove rather costly.
Therefore, you’ll need to select a heater that is not only up to the task but one that is suitable for your needs and doesn’t cost you a fortune to operate.
Get the right space heater for your specific larger room, and you’ll soon be able to create an instant cozy but albeit warmer environment.
Here we review five of the very best space heaters that are designed primarily for those larger rooms in mind.
All expertly chosen, these five models are the ones that we believe offer the most impressive results. Furthermore, they provide the most practical heating solution at a reasonable low purchase price.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Picks: Best Space Heaters for Large Rooms Compared
- 2 Why Choose a Space Heater for a Large Room?
- 3 The Models Making Our List for the Best Space Heaters for Large Rooms
- 4 Five of the Best Space Heaters for Large Rooms
- 5 The Different Types of Space Heaters for Those Larger Rooms
- 6 What to Consider When Choosing a Space Heater for a Large Room
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Final Thoughts on the Best Space Heaters for Large Rooms
Quick Picks: Best Space Heaters for Large Rooms Compared
Why Choose a Space Heater for a Large Room?
There are several reasons why people opt for a space heater when it comes to heating a larger than average room. These include:
• They work well alongside the main heating system
• They are usually the more portable of choices – with some able to be put away when not required
• They are less expensive when running as an additional heat source
• They can bring a room to the desired temperature in a quick time
• They can boost the temperature of a larger room without overheating other smaller areas of the home in the process
• They are more energy-efficient if you’re only using the one larger room
• They have some of the best designs whether modern, contemporary or retro – allowing them to complement the room’s decor
• They are available to buy at some wonderfully reduced prices
The Models Making Our List for the Best Space Heaters for Large Rooms
Undertaking a thorough review of the market place for you, we’ve been able to pinpoint those most impressive and indeed better-performing space heaters for use in larger rooms.
Alongside checking their performance and additional features or benefits, we’ve also looked to those appliances which yield a fantastic high level of satisfied customer reviews.
The results are five superb models that offer the best heating solutions for larger room types at amazingly low purchase prices, with reduced ongoing running costs.
Five of the Best Space Heaters for Large Rooms
1. Portable Infrared Space Heater from Dr. Infrared
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and...
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating can cover for a...
An Amazon choice for Best Infrared Heater, the Dr. Infrared Heater, is a 1500 watt dual heating system that claims to optimize the heat transfer rate.
This ultimately means an appliance that on average heats more than any other standard type of 1500 watt heater.
A USA design, this is a wonderfully lightweight model and is durable and safe for use within the home. Boasting an overheat protection and a tip-over shut off element, the Dr. Infrared is also safe to the touch. An incredibly quiet model in operation, this is said to be a heater that is so unobtrusive, you’ll soon forget it’s even there!
With a 12 hour programmable timer, you can select this space heater to work for a specific time, and then it automatically turns itself off when done.
Allowing you to control it remotely, this is an easy to maintain heater, which is one of the most energy-efficient appliances on the current market.
This is made possible due to the infrared heat, which uses 100% of the heat produced – eliminating the loss of heat transfer – and all at a low cost.
With a huge emphasis on saving you greatly in running costs, Dr. Infrared is the most visually attractive heater that would suit any home decor.
2. Portable Radiant Space Heater from Hurricane
- 1600 Watts at 240 volts, 1500 watts at 208 volts, 1000 watts at 120 Volts
- Unique power supply smart sensor takes guesswork out of installation by auto-adjusting the heater voltage to...
- Easily update old heaters: uses same wall can as many Cadet Com-Pak series units, so no wall patchwork or...
Next on the list is the wonderful radiant heater type from Hurricane, which is a whole room and oil-filled choice. At 1500 watts of heating power, this is the most simplistic model which not only comes complete with a remote control but also boasts an impressive digital display for continued ease of use.
This digital display allows for three heat settings. Therefore, you can select from high, low, and eco modes to suit. Here you’ll also find a timer display.
The most portable of designs and uniquely modern in appearance, this sleek and slimline model works hard to maximize the volume of radiant heat in the room. As a result, the output is lower surface temperature.
An ETL listed appliance that comes with a one year warranty, the Hurricane is simplistic when assembling. Lightweight when moving around the room, this is a wonderfully safe and effective unit, which is perhaps the more convenient of choices for an occasional secondary heat source in those larger rooms.
3. Electric Wall Heater from Cadet
- 【ELEGANT DESIGN】- Baroque-like design, elegant and beautiful, three-visible fireplace flame, when the...
- 【INFRARED QUARTZ HEATER】- This electric fireplace adopts three infrared quartz element below, which can be...
- 【2 ADJUSTABLE HEATING MODES】- 2 models of heat: 1500W(high), 1000W(low). You could choose the proper...
Cadet’s space heater comes in the form of a large white electric wall heater type. At an astounding 4000 watts, this is the most popular customer choice for those looking for a full kit and long term heating solution.
Working to heat rooms in the home in a quick time, this is a fast heating model that benefits greatly from dual coil elements. Therefore, the Cadet easily warms an area of up to 600 square feet in no time at all.
A most efficient fan, this is also a quiet operator which spreads the warmth all-round the room adequately while doing so with no background noise.
With standard safety procedures implemented throughout, once normal operating temperatures are exceeded, the Cadet will turn itself off.
A most compact and indeed contemporary of designs, this is a recess-mounted heater that fits horizontally into the wall. Therefore, its flush and modern design means you don’t have to cater to a portable heater in the room itself.
The Cadet comes complete with everything you need, including wall can, thermostat, and heater grill and can be hard-wired for instant use.
4. Infrared Fireplace from Lifesmart
- Ceramic heating element with built-in safety features
- 1500 watts of comforting warmth; E.T.L. listed
- Digital controls with programmable thermostat and 8-hour timer
For those concerned greatly about how well a space heater will look when placed in a larger room, the Lifesmart provides an almost perfect solution!
This is a visually stunning masterpiece of a heater whereby not only does it make an ideal centerpiece for any room int the home – but it does so while offering a practical heat source throughout.
Designed as a most natural choice, the Lifesmart boasts two levels of realistic fire glow. It’s also encased in a dark oak cabinet and mantel to finish.
Utilizing infrared heat once again, this heater is backed up by three heat settings with an eco-mode, digital controls, a 12-hour timer, a remote control, and a flame effect that can work with or without heat.
A most energy-efficient appliance, this is a cleaner choice of product, and one that actively keeps the air moisturized instead of drying out the air like many standard heater types do over time.
Using up to 1500 watts in operation, this particular space heater is suitable for heating an area of 1000 square feet. A quiet runner, this is a beautiful choice of model and one that offers the coziest of heating solutions.
5. Ceramic Tower Heater from Lasko
- 2 Quiet Settings - including high heat and low heat plus an Auto setting make this electric space heater ideal...
- Adjustable Thermostat - with digital display allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating...
- Remote Control & Built-in Timer - allows you to adjust the heater's temperature, timer, oscillation and more...
Our final model for review here is the modern black ceramic tower heater from the makers at Lasko. A typical tower heater style, this is a space heater that gives users a patented comfort system. At 23 inches, the elongated design of the Lasko ensures an extended warmth in return.
Utilizing a patented blower technology, this model also encourages a penetrated air velocity throughout the operation. With a widespread oscillation, the result of this fabulous and fresh design is a distribution of warm air throughout the very room it’s placed in.
Complete with a remote control that is multi-functioning, there is also an onboard storage area to place the control when not in use. Working to give 1500 watts of warmth, the easy to use controls of this heater allow you to select from two quiet settings while adjusting the thermostat to suit.
What’s more, safety is paramount throughout the appliance with built-in features here, including a cool-touch housing construction as well as overheat protection. Simple to move around, this is a most convenient solution for quick blasts of warm air into those larger room types.
The Different Types of Space Heaters for Those Larger Rooms
When looking for a heating solution for the larger room types, there are several types of appliances you can consider. These generally include convection heaters, radiant heaters, infrared heaters, and combination heaters.
- Convection Heaters – A standard heating type, these create air circulation and rely on that natural airflow of the hot air rising. So, cold air is then sucked in when a vacuum is created by this air rising process. These are the heater types that are designed to heat entire rooms, heating the air as opposed to its specific objects.
- Infrared Heaters – A fantastic choice for many, infrared heaters offer a cleaner heating solution. These do not use fuels, or toxins to heat. Rather, they work on targeting either objects or people in the room through their infrared light wavelengths. This ensures the current humidity of the room is maintained, and the air doesn’t run dry.
- Radiant Heaters – These heater types are powered by either fuel, gas, kerosene, or electricity, for example. They work in a similar method to the sun, radiating the heat outwards.
- Combination Heaters – Combination heaters are simply those models that work to circulate the heat that is produced by also using a fan mode in their operation.
What to Consider When Choosing a Space Heater for a Large Room
Summing up, before shopping for the most appropriate larger room space heater, here are some practical points to bear in mind:
- The Power of the Heater – The watts of the model will indicate how much capacity the model has to heat your intended room size.
- Fuel Options – With choices of gas, electric, and other fuel types, you may have a creation preference when running your heater in the home.
- Space – Will you have the room to keep a portable space heater with ease, would you like a model that complements the rooms décor, or would you prefer a recessed wall option here?
- Additional Features – Are there any benefits that you’d prefer to have from your chosen heater? These could include remote controls, timers, wheels, built-in thermostats, adjustable fans, overheat switch-offs, and even those cool-to-the-touch exteriors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I keep a space heater on at all times?
These heater types are not recommended for continual use. Selected by many as a secondary heat source to complement the primary heating solution of the home, they are rather an occasional appliance which you should aim to use at certain intervals throughout the day. Or they can be used as a means of getting the room to the desired temperature quicker than the central heating system can do so.
I have a larger than average room size. Would a space heater be able to cope with this?
These reviewed space heaters have all been selected for their ability to provide warmth to those larger than standard room sizes. However, we strongly suggest that you take a note of your room measurements before making your final purchasing decision.
Then, look carefully at the recommended square feet measurements that each model claims it can adequately warm. You may find some space heaters can supply the demands of your room size better than others here.
Final Thoughts on the Best Space Heaters for Large Rooms
In conclusion, it’s the Portable Infrared Space Heater from Dr. Infrared that gets our top vote for the very best larger room space heater. The most advanced of heating systems that we feel won’t look out of place in any room, this works to distribute warmth but without using any more power than is necessary. Ultimately this helps you reduce those energy bills in the process.
However, we also believe that the remaining four space heaters reviewed here all do a fabulous job of providing that additional source of heating, and all four are efficient and cost-effective throughout.
So, if you’re looking to heat up a larger than a standard-sized room, we’re confident that any one of these models will help you achieve your goal in a quick time, every time.